stack overflow at line: 92

IE8, I get this error everytime I click on my homepage, or a link on my homepage (espn.com).  Any suggestions?
 tks
Answer
Answer

Hello cuzzy,

Are you still having stack overflow problems on espn.com?  If so I am going to provide you with some steps to hopefully clear the problem.  So have been given earlier n this thread but do them again please.  I am trying to get to a baseline that will allow us to assist you with troubleshooting this problem.  First, I would like you to reset the IE settings to defaults:

1.     Open Internet Explorer

2.     Click on Tools

3.     Click Internet Options

4.     Click the Advanced tab

5.     Locate the Reset Internet Explorer Settings heading

6.     Click the Reset button

7.     Click Ok

8.     Restart Internet Explorer

Try espn.com again.  Does the Stack Overflow persist?  If so run the steps provided earlier in this thread by Steve H MVP.

Try espn.com again.  Does the Stack Overflow persist?  If so, I would like for you to run the Disk Cleanup utility.  Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, then click the Disk Cleanup icon.  Make sure you delete the Temp files and the Temporary Internet Files.  You can have it remove cookies if you like but if you visit sites where IE stores your passwords automatically the passwords will be lost and you will have to re-enter them.

Try espn.com again.  Does the Stack Overflow still happen?  If so we need to try placing your machine in a clean boot state.  Here are the instructions for doing it:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

Once again, try espn.com.  If you DO NOT get a Stack Overflow then we will know that there is a process or program loading on your machine that is causing the problem.  You can use the steps in the above article to find the problem program or process through the process of elimination.

I realize that I have thrown a lot of steps at you to try but hopefully this will allow you to find the problem.

Thanks,

Jack     

Jack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Jack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us k

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2018 Views 3,763 Applies to:

Related Forums