Problem with website security certificate

This website is for my online classes, it says "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." And there is no option to view the page it only says This organization's certificate has been revoked.We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. But it will not give me the option to go to the site. What can i do to access this page angel.mohave.edu? please help...
|
Answer
Answer

Hi dhammond420,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum.

I would suggest you to try the following steps, when you access secured website you may get this error message.
1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.
2. To clear the certificate error goes to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE 8.
3. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".
4. Click Apply and Ok.
5. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key. Your page should now load as expected.

About certificate errors: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/About-certificate-errors

Thanks & Regards,
Hope this helps. Let us know the results.
Vijay – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

63 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7 RC; Win7) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

If Vista or Win7, is the computer fully-patched at Windows Update?

If IE7 or IE8 & WinXP: Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com & do a CUSTOM scan | Install any Critical Security Updates offered (i.e., KB974455).  If aRoot Certificates update is listed (possibly in the Optional Updates category on the left-hand side), install it to take full advantage of IE's enhanced security.

Also ask the IT Dept. at mohave.edu about this.
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

7 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 27, 2020 Views 105,946 Applies to:

Related Forum