Online Banking URL Wont Load

A new Sony Laptop with Windows 7 wont load it, a fresh install of windows 7 wont load it, and another new laptop with window 7 on another internet service provider wont load it.

https://online.lloydstsb.co.uk

It tries to load it, and tries and tries, no error, no time out

The laptop has a web button, when used it loads the starlite browser, this works just fine. I also have a nintendo wii and it loads it.

None of the computers that have windows 7 and IE 8 will load it (Default wont work)

There is no point in me thinking its something I have done, because 2 new laptops wont load it, and they have not had anything changed.

Other https sites do load !

As I said, the site loads in a Nintendo Wii, and the basic starlite browser

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,
Try these steps:
1. Clear the Temporary Internet Files

2. In Internet Options> Security, try setting the slider to Medium High.

3. Place the site in Trusted Sites.
To add a trusted site... Internet Options> Security> Trusted Sites> enter the site as
*.lloydstsb.co.uk

4. Internet Options> Advanced> verify that 'Automatically recover from page layout errors..." is checked. (It's checked by default.)

5. IE> Tools> Compatibility View Settings> Add this website, place online.lloydstsb.co.uk and lloydstsb.co.uk in the list.

Hope this helps,
Don

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your help, but remember there is 2 new laptops, and the default setting is blocking the site. As an experement I installed a startbright browser, still no use, almost as if the os (Not the browser) is blocking.

I had already tried your settings, and lots more, it dont even try to load the site, my router shows logs, there is no log for that connection, and yes I also bypassed the router.

New Sony laptop, virgin media ISP, wont load
New Sony laptop, sky ISP (6 miles away), wont load
2 pc's, fresh install windows 7, wont load
Another browser installed, wont load

Both laptops using the web button, loads without problems
Nintendo Wii, loads without problems

When you type an address in, something happens, perhaps it starts to load, perhaps it times out with a page not found, but something happens. However im typing address, or using a short cut, but its blocked within a mili second, if i leave it, 5 min later its still trying to connect, no time out which is very strange.

why would 2 pc's 2 laptops default to block this site, yet ive proved its not my ISP with a Nintendo Wii on the same network, also the web button on the laptop.

Will re try everything again

BTW, you cant add online.lloydstsb.co.uk only lloydstsb.co.uk

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is this site in the HOSTS file located at Windows\System32\drivers\etc ?
Open the HOSTS file with notepad.

Don

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, it would not be in 2 new laptops anyway. Im still trying to find a result, meanwhile I have to use the Web button on the laptop. I would blame something I may have done, but when 2 new laptops wont load the site, and they havent had any changes, I cant do that. (Both load with the use of the web button)

However having installed another browser, and it still dont work, I can only think the OS is blocking, think it must be time to dump W7 and go back to XP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, it would not be in 2 new laptops anyway.
Did you check the HOSTS file?

Have you, at some point, shutdown everything for a few minutes? That includes modem, router, computers.

[Edited to add]
Find cmd.exe in Windows\System32. Right-click cmd.exe> choose run as administrator and run the command
ipconfig /flushdns

Did either computer come with a trial version of Norton or McAfee (security suites?)
Are you using either program?
Don

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

the HOSTS file is blank on all computers, The DNS cache has been cleard, McAfee was pre-installed on one laptop, but has been removed since.

The only way to load it is via the Web button on the laptops, which bypasses windows 7.

All units are shutdown over night anyway, and I had already bypassed the router for a trail, nothing works while W7 is loaded.

There is no error, there is no time out on the the url

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did u just uninstall McAfee or did have tried a cleanup/removal tool specific to it?
All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The only way to load it is via the Web button on the laptops, which bypasses windows 7.

Hi,
Actually, that doesn't bypass Windows 7, but some browsers are much more forgiving of webpage errors.

Checking https://online.lloydstsb.co.uk/ at http://validator.w3.org/ shows 107 errors and 39 warnings. I'm not sure why Compatibility View isn't invoked automatically.

The page did load for me after I placed online.lloydstsb.co.uk in the Compatibility View list.

Also, Firefox loaded the page on the first attempt. 

At http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx download and save to a convenient location these two scripts:
Internet Explorer 8 on Vista (use this to workaround sites that block Windows 7)
Undo User-Agent registry overrides

See if the first script resolves the issue. Use the second script to revert to the original User Agent string.

Regards,
Don 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, when the web browser button is pressed, there is nothing loaded, there is a link to load "Windows 7"

However, today i wiped the system and re-installed, checking the link everytime i did something. I installed anti virus, still fine, installed 30+ programs, USB devices, still ok.

However Windows 7 told me there were 9 updates on first install, when finished the url no longer works. I then did a restore back a before the updates (tryed the uninstall first didnt work) the restore enabled the url once more, so i blocked w7 updates.

All was working fine untill i installed windows live messanger, again this killed the url

I dont reach the page to get any problems, as soon as i click the link its blocked, it dont try and load it and get errors, its blocked within a mili second

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry None Gave,
I don't have any other ideas. At one point it appeared that placing lloydstsb.co.uk in the Compatibility View list helped. But after removing and replacing it in that list. It's inaccessible with IE8 on Win 7.

Don

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2019 Views 2,638 Applies to:

Related Forum