Q: My computer keeps going to working offline. This thread is locked from future replies

Hello, I have windows xp home edition and am using ie 7.  Just within the last couple of weeks my comptuer started to go offline by itself.  While on the internet it comes up with a message working offline.  Choose to stay offline or try to connect.  It does this every couple of minutes and is driving me crazy.  I tried to fix myself, but it shows that I am working online.  What can I do to stop this.

Try to disable work offline in Internet Explorer on  your computer and check if the issue gets fixed.

Method 1: Open Internet Explorer>Tools(in right-hand top corner)>Menu Bar>File>click on
"work offline" to untick it.

Tools>Menu Bar is if you do not already have "file, edit, view, etc".

Method 2: Open Internet Explorer>Tools>Click on "work Offline" to untick it.

Method 3: Reset Internet Explorer settings:

To determine whether a performance issue or an error message is caused by configuration settings, reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This was its state when Windows Vista was originally installed.

To reset Internet Explorer settings automatically, click the Fix it button or link in the below article. Click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.

Refer the below article which has step by step information in detail to optimize IE.

<advertisement removed>

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

24 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 102,015 Last updated: March 17, 2018 Applies to: