Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working. Message keeps popping up. I can cancel it and keep on working, so it appears that Internet Explorer is not actually stopped working.

I have tried all the solutions that I have found here and I still am experiencing the same problem.  Would appreciate any help.

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2018 Views 1,820,039 Applies to:
Answer

This thread has been locked. There are potential solutions throughout this thread as well as in the link provided below:
Tips for solving problems when Internet Explorer crashes or stops working

If you are still encountering the "Internet Explorer has stopped working" error message please create a new question so that the Microsoft Answers community can work directly with the problem you are experiencing.

To create a new question: Click the “Ask a question” button toward the top of this page and type the title of your new question. Then click "Ask" to open the window that will allow you to type the body of your question. In the body of your question be sure to describe the problem and let us know what steps you have already taken to troubleshoot this problem.

349 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

I had a problem right clicking doc files. same message. Internet Explorer has stopped working.

this fixed the problem.

1. right click Internet Explorer icon

2. click Properties

3. click General Tab

4. lower right click Advanced Tab

5. Uncheck box "Allow this file to have contents indexed in addition to file properties

6. click ok or apply cant remember. Enjoy

593 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.