Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage BUT AOL browser has no problems displaying webpages on the same laptop
A perplexing problem with IE7 using Windows XP. I CAN access the Internet via my AOL browser using my broadband connection. No problems. When I go to IE7 I get the message that it cannot display the page. I have tried various URLs but still get the same
message. Only once have I been able to BRIEFLY (2-3 seconds) view a YouTube.com page. This problem surfaced when I tried to upgrade to IE8. When I tried to figure out how to fix the problem in IE8, I ended up removingt IE8 and going back to IE7. But the
problem remains. Now, I cannot upgrade various software programs on my laptop because they all try to use IE. I am running McAfee Virus Scan 8.5i. HELP!
If nothing helps, then I would suggest you to try resetting Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps, here are the steps:
1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
6. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, click OK, and then click OK again.
7. Close Internet Explorer.