internet explorer 8

I can't logon on to certain sites such as Facebook and American Greetings, It wants cookies enabled. I have cleared everything and enabled cookies. Still no luck. Any help would be great 

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 2,354 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,

I have since found out that adding Facebook.com to your trusted sites fails to correct the issue.... Apparently facebook is not a site that you should Trust..<wink> I wonder why</wink>

Remove it and americangreatings from your Trusted sites zone (don't place them in any zone, they will automatically load in the Internet zone).

Next try

Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab, "Reset Advanced Settings" button. (to make sure you have native XMLHTTP support)

Make sure

InPrivate Filtering is turned off (or allow any Facebook content on your pages)

You are not running in InPrivate mode.

You are not on a work computer where your administrators may be blocking access to FB or AG.

A third-party Addon or your Anti-virus program is blocking cookies.

I cannot access AmericanGreatings 'cause it is a US site that does not allow foreign membership, so you could try deleting their cookies from your cache to get access to FB.... the root problem is that AmericanGreatings is trying to read your FB cookies and access your Contacts list on FB... uhem....

Good luck
Rob^_^
Rob^_^ wang'you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.