We just upgraded (clean/fresh install) a client to Windows 7 (32-bit) and whenever they are using Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit) they all get the constant page flickering problem. Different monitors, different screen resolutions, all have the latest version
of Flash Player installed.
Any ideas why its flickering and how to resolve it?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
I am not sure how to propose a solution but this is what I did to get the flickering on IE8 resolved.
website does not resolve the issue. What you need to do is get the driver from the graphic card site, such as ATI Technologies. Then do a clean uninstall of all display drivers first, reboot and re-install.
OS: Win7 Ultimate 64-Bit & Win7 Enterprise 64-bit
Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (Lenovo laptop) & ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 (Dell Studio XPS 16)
1) Go to your graphic card vendor download and save the driver. DO NOT INSTALL YET.
2) Open Device Mgr and uninstall your display driver.
3) Open Add/Remove programs and uninstall any display driver software, i.e. ATI Catalyst Control Center.
4) At this point your screen is in low VGA mode.
6) When Windows load it will try to install a VGA driver from WDM. Let it go.
7) Install the driver you download from step 1.
Wildly (Me) Microsof
2 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.