Internet Explorer 8 is constantly flickering

We just upgraded (clean/fresh install) a client to Windows 7 (32-bit) and whenever they are using Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit) they all get the constant page flickering problem. Different monitors, different screen resolutions, all have the latest version of Flash Player installed.

Any ideas why its flickering and how to resolve it?

TIA

Question Info

Last updated June 5, 2018 Views 77,208 Applies to:
Answer
I am not sure how to propose a solution but this is what I did to get the flickering on IE8 resolved.

It happens on both of my laptops and on web-sites rendering Adobe Flash, also javascript mouse hover-over flickers such as pages running Dynamics CRM and Silverlight (i.e. Netflix). The problem is with the video drivers. Even updating the drivers from manufacturer website does not resolve the issue. What you need to do is get the driver from the graphic card site, such as ATI Technologies. Then do a clean uninstall of all display drivers first, reboot and re-install.

Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (Lenovo laptop) & ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 (Dell Studio XPS 16)

1) Go to your graphic card vendor download and save the driver. DO NOT INSTALL YET.
2) Open Device Mgr and uninstall your display driver.
3) Open Add/Remove programs and uninstall any display driver software, i.e. ATI Catalyst Control Center.
4) At this point your screen is in low VGA mode.
5) Reboot
6) When Windows load it will try to install a VGA driver from WDM. Let it go.
7) Install the driver you download from step 1.
8) Reboot

Good luck!
Wildly (Me)
Microsof

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.