IE8 popup blocker deactivating "browse" button

I'm working on a system which is run in the browser through ActiveX. In the system we've a webmail, which is an embedded webpage using a browser control.

Using IE7 it works fine, but after upgrading to IE8 it is no longer possible to add an attachment to an e-mail. When you click on the "browse" button of the input-element, that will upload the file, a files dialog should open, so that you can select the file you want to attach. But in IE8 the dialog doesn't appear - instead a message appears in the top of the window, explaining that a popup has been blocked.

The weird thing is that if I access the webmail directly (not through ActiveX), everything works fine.

I've tried to disable the popup blocker and set the security level to the lowest possible setting, but the popup blocker still fires when you try to add a file.

Is there some sort of conflict between the activeX component and IE8?

Best regards,
Steffen Jorgensen
Answer
Answer

Hello,

Does this only happen for the single website or does it happen with all upload forms?
Will it work if you open Internet Explorer directly and browse to the page?

Are you able to bring up the browse window by using the field below?

If the ActiveX component was designed for Internet Explorer 7, it may need to be updated to support Internet Explorer 8.

Let us know.

David
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
-----
If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2018 Views 5,637 Applies to:

Related Forums