how do I fix internet explorer script error and why are my pop-up keepstopping my games to load?

tired of all the internet explorer script error comes up when I'm trying to do things on this computer!  Please help me to fix this!!  not understanding how pop-ups work..sometimes I can figure itn out but then other things I do it shows up!!! HELP!!

Question Info

Last updated March 27, 2019 Views 11,410 Applies to:
Answer

Hi cynthia martinez,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!!!

1) What is the exact error that you get?

To troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer on Windows-based computers you may follow the methods listed below and see if they can resolve the issue.

Method 1: Disable script debugging

If the only sign of a problem is the error message, and Web sites are working, you can probably ignore the error. Also, if the problem only happens on one or two Web pages, it might be a problem with those pages. If you decide to ignore the errors, you can disable script debugging.

Note If this problem occurs on more than one or two sites, do not disable script debugging. Go to method 2 now.

To turn off the Scripting Debugger in Internet Explorer 6, follow these steps:

1.       On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

2.       On the Advanced tab, click to select the Disable script debugging check box. and then click OK .

To turn off notification about every script error in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1.       On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

2.       On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.

Method 2: Test a Web page from another user account, another browser, and another computer

Use another user account, another browser, or another computer to view the Web pages that triggered a script error to determine whether the problem persists. If the script error persists, there may be a problem with the way the Web page is written. You can probably ignore the error and disable script debugging as described in method 1.

If the script error does not occur when you view the Web page from another user account, browser, or computer, the problem may be caused by files or by settings on your computer. Go to method 3 from the link below to continue troubleshoot the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Access the link below for answers to some common questions about pop-ups and Pop-up Blocker in Internet Explorer 8.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows-vista/Internet-Explorer-Pop-up-Blocker-frequently-asked-questions

Let us know if the information helps or for any further assistance

Regards
Varun J: MICROSOFT SUPPORT
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads/ and let us know what you think

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.