Favorites Folder - Receiving error: "Unable to create/ unable to add items to Favorites"

New computer-had it set up and all my files etc from old one transferred by a professional. My Favorites folder is there and all web pages work fine but I am unable to add new web pages to Favorites. I get "Unable to create/ unable to add items to Favorites" "unspecified error" What gives? Thanks for any help!!!

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2019 Views 4,097 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?  What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?

See...

Unspecified error when adding a link to Favorites in Windows Vista and Windows 7
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/unspecified-error-when-adding-a-link-to-favorites-in-windows-vista/

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.