certificate error navigation blocked IE8

When I try to log in to my account on a service site, this is the message I get:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

I don't have this problem with other service site (companies).
I contacted the service support centre and spent a couple of hours trying to solve the problem with them. They finally ran a check of my account from their end and all was fine. I was advised that this was a problem with my server/provider. While working on the problem we did all the steps explained in this forum (checking date/time, etc). Nothing worked. Eventually, I tried logging in my account with 'Firefox' and lo and behold it worked!!!

I would still like to use IE8 so anybody with suggestions/solutions will be appreciated.

Roger

|
Answer
Answer

Gentlemen, and I mean PA BEAR and Kai Schätzl,

You have been more than patient with my problem. I was just about ready to try Robear's latest suggestion when I got the last message from Kai. Lo' and behold, when he mentionned that (There's a lock in the addressbar that you can click and which contains a link to view the certificate.), I checked and realized that there was no lock.
There is a good reason for that. A while back, at the suggestion of my banking service, I had installed a security program (Trusteer) on my system. Since this program runs in the background and there is very little interaction with the user, I completely forgot about it.
By turning off the program, everything cleared up.
My face is read and I'm wearing the deuce's hat.
With all that said, I once again thank you very much for your assistance. Really appreciated.

All the best,

Ramjetejmar

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2020 Views 59,813 Applies to:

Related Forum