Question

Q: Cannot select text in webpages to copy and can't correct with control panel mouse options This thread is locked from future replies

I have the hand symbol and it doesn't change to the capital I looking text select tool when I try to copy internet text.  I feel I may have upset the setting when I went into the mouse options area of control panel.  My wife's loggin works fine with selecting internet text and her mouse settings are identical to mine as far as I can see.  So why doesn't it work for me?  It must be something else?????? Perhaps an internet option but I can't find anything relevant.  My kingdom for a solution please!!!!!!!!

Answer

A:

Hi Brothington,

Thank you for posting your question on Windows Vista Forums.

I will recommend you to try to reset Internet Explorer to its default settings on your login account and check if the issue is fixed. You can follow the given steps:

1.       Press “Window logo + R” to open Run box.

2.       Type “inetcpl.cpl” without quotes in the Run box and click on Ok.

3.       Click on the Advanced Tab and then click on Reset.

4.       Restart computer and check if the issue is fixed.

If it does not fix the issue, you can also try to create a new user account and check if you are encountering the same issue in new user account. There is a possibility of your particular user account being corrupt.

If the issue does not persist in new user account, you can transfer all the data from old user account to new user account. You can follow the given article to transfer the data from old user account to new user account:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928634

NOTE: Make sure you do not transfer the settings but only the data from the corrupt account or else the new account will again get corrupted and the issue may re-occur.

Hope the information will help. Please revert back and let us know.

Thanks & Regards

Ashish Gupta
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2874 Last updated: February 12, 2018 Applies to: