Adobe Acrobat .pdf files appear as a blank window in Internet Explorer 8, or an error message “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.”

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:24.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> Adobe Acrobat .pdf files appear as a blank window in Internet Explorer 8, or Internet Explorer gives this error when loading a pdf link – “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.”   The same issue exists running IE 8 with add-on’s disabled.   I am currently running FireFox browser and it works correctly.  I am running Windows 7.  Here is one link that give the error message in IE 8, but works in FireFox, http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/ASTE-6Z7VAU_R0_EN.pdf Note that all current Windows 7 and program updates are installed.  Also I have attempted any related solutions with no positive results.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2018 Views 25,372 Applies to:
Answer
Well, thanks for the reply to my issue; however, I solved the problem by removing the check mark for "Enable Protected Mode" found in the Internet Options section > Security > Custom Box box.
Now I can view PDF files and open page links to PDF files.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.