Facebook Login problems - It says I need to enable cookies when I try to log into Facebook

I currently have Ie 8 with windows 7.  I tried to login to facebook today and it said I needed to enable cookies, despite them allready being enabled.  So after reading alot of other post on the issue I eventually managed to get it to work by going to start and running ie without add ons so I know that an add on is the problem. However I turn on regular internet explorer with add ons and went to manage add ons select all add ons and disabled every one, I then tried to log in to facebook.  I get the same enable cookies message then I try log in again it just returns me to the log on page despite add ons being disabled.  So if i disable add ons I still cant access facebook but if I run ie without add ons it works fine ?

below is a list of other things I tried as a fix

Internet options - delete browsing history, all files including cookies, caches etc.

Security - reset to default level

Privacy - Set to medium, also tried accept all cookies and customised allowing first and third party cookies

I then tried reseting the internet including deleting personal settings

I have tried searching for viruses with AVG and used windows defender, and also uninstalled AVG to see if it was the problem

I have restored my computer to the last known time that facebook worked

I have run mr fix with microsoft that detects any conflicting problems with add ons but it didnt find

Answer
Answer

Hi VX LuNaR Xv,

This issue could occur due to the corrupted add-ons, as you have mentioned that you are able to access Facebook, if you run Internet explorer without add-ons.

Here you might want to use Add-on Manager to disable all add-ons and then turn on add-ons only as you need them. This will allow you to figure out which add-on is causing the problem.

Delete the corrupted add-on and restart Internet Explorer normally and check if the issue reappears.

After you have used this process to determine which add-on is causing errors, you can disable that add-on. Or, you can uninstall the software that installs the add-on. We also recommend that you contact the software vendor that provided the add-on for additional troubleshooting and support.

Refer:

Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Internet-Explorer-add-ons-frequently-asked-questions 

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2021 Views 3,909 Applies to:

Related Forums