Explorer 9 Script Error On Game Launcher File (SIMS 3)

I recently installed Internet Explorer 9... it seems it caused a script error with my game "The Sims 3" The launcher for Sims 3 uses internet explorer as the default web browser...but the browser isn't opened in its own window but Sims 3 launcher window which is normal... The problem that occurs is when it open the web content won't display til it says "Script Error...error on the script in this page...

Line:1928

Char:2

Error: Not implemented

Code:0

URL: http://launcher.thesims3.com/launcher/home.html?launcherLocale=en_US&launcherCountry=US

then says continue running scripts yes or no...most seems to load fine...but am wondering if I can find the settings that caused this occurrence... tried uninstalling back to explorer 8 works fine...installed beta 9 again...get script error....any suggestions....disabling script filing...and reports doesn't fix it.  Even setting everything to the lowest setting for internet security..etc... disabling addons doesn't fix it either.  Advice or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 3,157 Applies to:

Bearing in mind that there is no formal support from Microsoft for IE9 Beta and that you are testing this software & will eventually need to uninstall it anyway...

• How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 9 Beta?
     http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/help/ie-9/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

Does the behavior persist if you uninstall IE9 Beta, reboot twice and do NOT reinstall it?

Note: One uninstalls Windows Internet Explorer 9 via Installed Updates, not Programs and Features. Uninstalling IE9 Beta will automatically restore the previous IE version (i.e., IE7 or IE8).

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Disable script debugging and then check for the issue.

a. Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

b. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.

c. Click to select the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes, and then click to clear the Display a notification about every script error check box.

d. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.

Go through the below links, I am sure that would help troubleshoot your issue better:

How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer on Windows-based computers?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260 

What should you do about Internet Explorer script errors?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-should-you-do-about-Internet-Explorer-script-errors

Regards,
Manasa P – Microsoft Support.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the suggestion Manasa...I've tried those things...still not sure what the cause is...I used the developer tools and found that even running in explorer 8 the error existed, but it was somehow never gave me script error notifications... I've looked on Sims 3 forums and they say it runs on explorer and is required for online content...They say its not been tested for explorer 9 beta...It seems that explorer 9 beta disables notifications for script errors only while in the explorer 9 browser... I'm thinking the programming for explorer applies only to the browser...not programs that run off it...as the script error box appears from explorer...just not while in the browser...somehow my Sims 3 game uses explorer...it must be some programming that may need to extend the terms for which disabling scripting reports.  I don't think the programming applies to programs outside...perhaps it needs updated more precisely to apply no script error reporting to other objects outside of explorer.

In the mean time its a minor annoyance...and will check the other sites you posted thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.