Disable ability to delete history-in History tab-not in tools of Internet Ex. 8, windows 7

I am trying to keep an eye on those using my computer.  I was able to disable the ability to delete browsing history, as well as disable in-private browsing.  However, if I click on the Favorites tab on toolbar, which includes a FEEDS and HISTORY tab, I can click on HISTORY tab and still delete the websites, 1 by 1, by right clicking on them and clicking DELETE(the other selection is EXPAND).  Is there anyway to disable this way of deleting the history, or a way to make it so that I can only access the favorites/feeds/history toolbar.  Even if I "hide" it, you just have to type CTRL +SHIFT+ H to bring it back up again. Thanks in advance for help, I hope this is clear enough.

MNE

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2020 Views 2,393 Applies to:

Related Forums

Answer
Answer

Hey Ernickam,

The above link will help if you want to use Group Policy to stop people from deleting the history.

Another option is to use Windows Live Family Safety on your computer. This will allow you to monitor the activity on any “standard user account” for your computer. For more information on Windows Live Safety:

Windows Live Family Safety 2011

You can find the community for Windows Live Family Safety here:

Windows Live Solution Center – Family Safety

Steven
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.