beautyoftheweb.com (basically a pop up)

Hi, I just got a newlaptop, and something somewhere is REALLY trying hard to get me to use IE9. Which I did, and recently (thought) I backed out of it via system restore.

The web page www.beautyoftheweb.com keeps appearing. I really, really want to get rid of that web page and never see it again. When IE9 seems more ready for prime time, I will upgrade, anyway.

THE QUESTION: Please clue me in. WHAT CAN I DO TO PERMANTLEY GET RID OF THE BEAUTYOFTHEWEB.COM. It tends to come up every 10 to 15 minutes. Putting it on restricted sites fdoes not work.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 523 Applies to:

I suspect that the change of browser is a complete coincidence. However, I am concerned about your statement of "something somewhere is REALLY trying hard to get me to use IE9. Which I did". MS is NOT pushing IE9 - you have to go to the IE9 site and download it.

I think you need to clarify how and where from you got IE9.

Sounds like you've been infected with something...

MCC Award 2011

If you find my response helpful, please click on the "Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

My Windows Blog

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So have you been able to figure any solutions out.  Did a restore in safe mode, ran 2 different scans, updated my register and was able to put it at bay for about a month, but it is definately back again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.