Q: Error 12007 -- cannot connect to the Internet This thread is locked from future replies

Have tried every available "fix" I can find but all require me to be connected to the Internet in order to fix the problem.  I need a downloadable file sent to my email so that I can put it on a thumb drive and fix the problem from that.  Is there such a downloadable file?  If not, how does this problem can fixed?

1. Norton Internet Security (NIS) includes a firewall. If the Norton Firewall's enabled, ZA Free shouldn't even be installed, let alone enabled.

2. Norton applications are notorious for not upgrading "cleanly" (e.g., from NIS 2009 to NIS 2010).

3. Your biggest mistake is that you SHOULD have (a) uninstalled the McAfee application AND THEN (b) downloaded/run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool (c) BEFORE you installed Norton Internet Security.

You are seeing the effects of a long-running hijackware infection. See...

Cleaning a Compromised System

Follow the instructions in this post of mine in another forum (to-the-letter & in order!) to return your computer to a secure state:

If you need additional assistance with the clean install, please begin a new thread in this forum:

Wish I'd had better news for you.  Good luck!

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 5,746 Last updated: February 26, 2018 Applies to: