Yahoo mail login problems (json)

I'm trying to login to my Yahoo mail account IE11 Windows 7 64 bit. I keep getting a windows message at the bottom "Do you want to open or save mail.json from login.yahoo.com" None of the options have anything to do with signing in and are just a circular  path in a view downloads folder of save or open. I know this has to do with java script but that's about it.
Answer
Answer

You know it is one thing to give a suggestion and another thing to fully explain what you did because you state, "Turns out my IE had yahoo.com under open in compatibility mode. I removed that and the login works correctly now.. Just a tip. Its under tools>compatibility."

Go to "TOOLS", then to "COMPATIBILTY VIEW SETTINGS" In the box that appears next  yahoo.com is in blue on mine when I am using Yahoo. When I am using Microsoft as I am now, the site, Microsoft is in blue on the line to "ADD" a website. You say to remove  Yahoo.com?  well whatever site you are using will appear on that line whether you know it or not.  Exactly what did you remove where you think you have solved this?  There are 2 checked boxes below on this also. One is,

"Display intranet sites in compatibility view"  (box is checked for default setting)

The other one is:

"Use Microsoft compatibility lists" (box is checked for default setting)

So, what is it exactly you think you fixed by taking Yahoo.com out of that box?  I don't think you fixed anything. Internet Explorer puts the site you are presently on in the box up top, the site address. Test yourself before you go off and give a suggestion please. Thank You

I removed yahoo from the list of sites that open in compatibility view. It resolved the issue. Also you might want to think about your responses before posting, because you come across as a pretentious ****. 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2019 Views 8,264 Applies to:

Related Forums