Windows Internet Explorer 11 Error: "Class Not Registered" (Download Manager Glitch)

Excuse me Community:

I have a problem with my Internet Explorer 11. First, my computer's OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Therefore, my Internet Explorer is also 64-bit.

There is a problem with the download manager of this program. Whenever I download items and wish to locate them by selecting the 'Downloads' text hovering above each file that I download, the following occurs:

After clicking the "Downloads" link to go to the folder...

then...

Fortunately, the file wasn't deleted, when I've tried it around (June 1st, 2015 : 3:00 a.m.). Normally, the files are deleted, whenever I try to access the Downloads folder in this manner.

So... may I please have some help before Windows 10 carries me away ~?

Thank you,

Leon Wheeler

Engineer-in-training

P.S: that program isn't owned by me.

Question Info

Last updated July 6, 2018 Views 1,431 Applies to:
Answer

Whenever I download items and wish to locate them by selecting the 'Downloads' text hovering above each file that I download, the following occurs:

[Class not registered message from iexplore.exe]

The example shows an .exe to be opened.  What happens to other "items" (such as .txt files)?  What other options have you tried with that item (such as renaming it, etc.)?

On another tack you could try running ProcMon to find out what is going on.  E.g. one possibility is that an AV is "quarantining" your .exe when you try to open it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.