Where are the saved passwords in IE 11?

When I go to the content tab in internet options and click on Autocomplete settings button, the only option is to delete autocomplete history. There is no option to manage passwords for IE. What's up with that?
Answer
Answer

Just want to see my saved passwords for IE. I can't remember some of them and some websites want me to manually enter my pw's. I had no luck with credential manager either.  

-

OK. Little bit of work and you won't get a list you can print or save, but this will let you will see your saved passwords. You could screenshot the page or write/type the data.

There were third-party utilities that could do this with earlier versions of IE, but they don't work with IE11.

A few passwords may be in Credential Manager, but most won't be.

Control Panel> User accounts> User accounts> your account> Manage your credentials.

My preferred method: Import passwords into Chrome and view them in Manage Passwords.

If you don't have Chrome installed, install it.

http://www.google.com/chrome/

In Chrome click the 3 dots in the upper right> Bookmarks> Import bookmarks and settings>  etc.

After importing passwords, favorites, etc. into Chrome go back to 3 dots in the upper right> Settings> (at the bottom) Show advanced settings> Passwords and forms> Manage passwords.

Click the 3 dots beside each line of login data> Details> click the Eye to see the password. Slow, perhaps, but I don't know of a better alternative.

Don

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 27, 2020 Views 72,934 Applies to:

Related Forums