webm video in ie 11 with windows 7

How do I get webm video to display in ie 11 with windows 7?

Duplicate post-

webm video in ie11
webm video will not display in ie 11 with windows 7. is there a Microsoft add in or do we have to use google's?

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2018 Views 9,609 Applies to:

Hello George,

Thank you for your reply.

I think you meant Windows 7, when you said “Give us the same codecs for ie7”.

The codecs suggested above works on all Internet Explorer versions starting from Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7.

As per the recommendations by WebM Media, this codecs needs to be installed on the computer in order to play WebM videos.

Hope this answers your question. Please reply for any further assistance. We are here to help you.

Regards,
Mann Manohar

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried using the GOOGLE add in with IE 10 and it corrupted IE 10 so bad I just deleted IE and never used IE again, I just went to GOOGLE CHROME.

Google Chrome ads are so offensive I was hoping IE 11 would let me leave Google Chrome. But obviously installing the SAME google add in will give me the same results.

Windows 8.1 does not require the add in.  Give us the same codecs for ie 7!

George

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello George,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. What happens when you try to play WebM videos in Internet Explorer? Do you get any error message?
  2. Were you able to play this video earlier?
  3. Have you made any significant system changes recently that could have caused this issue?

WebM videos work on all Internet Explorer versions beginning with Internet Explorer 9 to all the newer versions.

WebM media foundation has released the plugins for Internet Explorer, I would suggest you to take a look at the link below.

WebM Media Foundation Components for Microsoft Internet Explorer

http://www.webmproject.org/ie/

Note: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Alos see: HTML5 Video Updates-WebM for IE9+

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2011/03/16/html5-video-update-webm-for-ie9.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know the status. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance.

Regards,
Mann Manohar

Sorry this didn't help.