Uninstalling IE 11

I have win 7 HP.  I was tired of IE 11 crashing so I went into Win update (via CP) and uninstalled the IE 11 but I am stuck in purgatory.  I do not have neither IE 11 or 10 or any other # and when I try to install ie 10 I get a dialog box saying "setup can't continue because a more recent version is installed.  Then I try to reinstall ie 11 and a dialog box pops up stating 'another installation is currently in progress.  finish that install or removal and try again.'

When I go into Program files and Program files x86 (Internet Explorer) the version is 10.0.9200.17296

How can I fix this?  I have tried restore but for some reason it keeps failing-----Just about had it with windows/microsoft and even though I dislike Apple I may just <removed> can this and get an Apple machine

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2019 Views 897 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Ricmoriarity,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You may face this issue if some of the program files still remains in the registry even after uninstalling.

As you have tried uninstalling from Control panel, I would suggest you to try uninstalling it from command line. Follow the steps below:

1. Log on to the computer by using an administrator account or an account that has administrative rights.
  2. Close all Internet Explorer browser windows.
  3. Click Start, type cmd in the Search box, and then click cmd under Programs.
  4. Right click and select Run as administrator.
  5. Copy the following command:

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart

6. Paste the command into the Command Prompt window, and then press Enter.

7. Restart the computer.

This Command Line will force to uninstall IE 11 and roll back to IE 10.

NOTE: If you get an error during the process, ignore it by clicking OK. And when the blinking cursor appears next to C:/Windows/System32, restart your computer.

Refer the below Microsoft Article:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/wiki/ie11-windows_7/how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer-10-or-internet/4e280525-1856-4fa1-bb16-efda4ea8b5f1

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thanks & Regards,
AS

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.