Security Alert - The Identity of This Web Site or the Integrity of This Connection Cannot Be Verified

I've been getting the Security Alert popups frequently over the last few months.  When I examine the certificates in question they appear to be coming from:

1. In the case of my home connection, an expired self-signed certificate on the DSL modem provided by AT&T.  The AT&T support desk was clueless as to how to fix this.
  2. In the case of my office, a self-signed certificate that is not expired coming from the firewall appliance.  I've tried adding the certificate to various certificate stores to no avail.

Why are these certificates interfering with my access and how to I stop this? Responding Yes, No, or installing the certificate in any of the various certificate stores achieve nothing.

If this is a security feature, it is worthless if it keeps interfering with my work with these useless false alarms.

|

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on security alert.

I will certainly help you with this.

1. Are you getting security alert on all the websites or on any specific website?
  2. Did you try other web browser?
  3. Did you make any changes to security settings?

I would suggest you to go through the below methods:

Method 1: Try to add the website as trusted website:

1. Press Windows key+R.

2. Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.

3. Click on security tab.

4. Click on Trusted sites.

5. Click on sites.

6. Enter the URL on which you are facing the issue.

7. Click on add and then close.

8. Click on apply and then ok.

Method 2: Try to reset Internet Explorer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

I hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Resetting Internet Explorer appears to have resolved the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was premature in my previous assessment.  I'm still getting security alerts on autodiscover.ekcinc.com which is the domain for my place of employment.  The security certificate in question comes from the firewall appliance and, while self-signed, appears to be a valid certificate.  I've tried installing the certificate in every certificate store available, but to no avail.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2021 Views 18,130 Applies to:

Related Forum