Removing Yahoo toolbar and Search from Internet Explorer

I'm surprised there aren't more questions similar to mine.  I have IE 11 installed on a Windows 7 platform.  How in the world do you get rid of the Yahoo search engine and the Yahoo toolbar?  I have read countless remedies and they all talk about going to Internet tools and then clicking on Manage Add-ons to delete the Yahoo search engine.  It just doesn't work.  There is not even an entry for Yahoo.  I guess I downloaded some software that snuck Yahoo search on my IE but try as I may, I just cannot get rid of it.  I tried downloading IE 10 but Microsoft came back with a message saying I already had IE 10 installed.  I guess if you have IE 11, that equates to having IE 10 installed.  I just give up.  Please help.

[Original title: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***]

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2019 Views 42,733 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,

The issue seems to be like your browser got hijacked. I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Fix your hijacked web browser (Applies to Internet Explorer 11)
http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/browser-hijacking.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

29 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.