Q: Remove error message..... apcrtldr.dll ----Access is denied---- This thread is locked from future replies

This error message is related to a Music Toolbar\Datamngr\apcrtldr.dll and comes up every time I start IE or Chrome browser.
How can I remove the error message?

Hello David,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I would like to know:

1. Have you installed any browser toolbar or music toolbar recently?
  2. What is the complete error message?
  3. Have you made any significant system changes recently that could have caused this issue?

apcrtldr.dll is loaded as dynamic link library that runs in the context of a process. The assembly utilizes the .NET run-time framework (which is required to be installed on the PC). The file is digitally signed by Bandoo Media which was issued by the Thawte certificate authority (CA).

If you have installed any music toolbar recently, follow the steps in the article below to uninstall the toolbar and check if issue persists.

Uninstall or change a program

Since the issue is not specific to a particular browser (Internet Explorer or Google Chrome etc.), there could be possibility of some third party program conflicting with the smooth running of the computer.

Method 1:

First, I would suggest you to perform clean boot on the computer.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Refer: How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" under more information to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2: Scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner

If performing clean boot does not help, I would suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, just to make sure that your computer is free of all infections.

Here is the link for Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 3: Run System File Checker (SFC /SCANNOW)

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files, and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions

We can check & repair missing and corrupted files by following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

Use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

Hope this helps. Please let us know the status. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Mann Manohar

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 13,349 Last updated: February 5, 2018 Applies to: