mp3 won't play in IE 11

the audio's play in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and my iPhone Safari browser, but not in IE 11

I have Silverlight installed as well as up to date Java and can't figure out why the mp3's won't play.

I have also tried changing the program used on my computer in the "Internet Options" "Programs" area to everything I have on my computer and nothing is working.

the mp3's are on a WordPress site that I have and here is the following header code that might possibly be causing the issue.  and I my computer is using Window's 7 all completely updated.  BTW, this is also happening on a friend of mine's computer who uses IE 11 as well.  He is who I sent the link to and how I found out that they don't play in IE 11 since I primarily use Mozilla FireFox :)

<!--[if lt IE 9]><script src="https://html5shiv.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js"></script><![endif]-->

anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Cheryl

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2019 Views 6,229 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community to post your question. Thank you for the detailed issue description. It appears to be an issue specific to Internet Explorer.

Which website are you trying to open?

Let’s try to add the website to Compatibility View and check if the website works fine.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If the above step does not help, let’s check the internet Explorer settings.

• Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button,

• Click Internet Options. Tap or click the Advanced tab

• Under Multimedia, select Play sounds in webpage.

• Click Apply, OK. Now check if you can play the mp3 files.

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.