Long Running Script in Internet Explorer 11

Yes, I'm running  Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit, with Internet Explorer 11. I've recently started getting long running script messages causing my computer to run slow, I've deleted any recently downloaded programs and still having problems. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem, I've tried using Microsoft Fix-It to no avail.  Thanks

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2019 Views 53,182 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Marc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

1. Which Microsoft Fix it have you tried?
  2. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if they help:

Method 1: Refer article: 

Error message: "A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run
slowly"

(Holds good for internet explorer 11)
 Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Method 2: How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer on Windows-based computers

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Additional Information:

What should you do about Internet Explorer script errors?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-should-you-do-about-Internet-Explorer-script-errors

Hope this resolves the issue. If issue persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Regards,

Jayant Narang

101 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.