Internet Explorer 11 just display blank page and cannot connect, open any website

I am using windows 7 32 bit. After update from internet explorer 10 to internet explorer 11, my ie cannot open any website. It seem the ie don't send any request data to server, so the ie displays blank page and in tab bar written "waiting for ...."  forever. I am using privoxy and here is some ss :

and here is ss from ie :

I am already try to reset IE and open IE with extension off. Any suggestion?
Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2018 Views 204,865 Applies to:
Answer

As of yet, I do not know why this crashed and crapped out.  But, for me, non of these fixes in the 39 prior messages, and other threads worked. 

Here's what worked for me:, in the steps below. FWIW, I lost all settings that put the browser in a state that I liked to operate -lots of wasted time, but at least IE now works.  It's like getting a new computer, and having to set up your software - not a good use of time, but you WILL get your IE 11 back from the "blank white stare" look that this thread describes.

Do this:

1. Go to "Control Panel"

2. Click on "Networking"

3. Under "Internet Options" click on "Manage Browser Add-ons" which brings up "Internet Properties"

4. Select "Security" Tab

5. Click the button that says "RESET all Zones to Default Level" Follow the prompts and allow it to reset all security to default levels.

6. Click on the "Advanced" tab

7. Click on the "RESET..." button.

8. A dialog will pop up saying you must close all applications, ... or something like that.  Close all applications.

9. Then, press CTRL-ALT-DEL and open the "Windows TASK Manager"

10. Go to "Processes" tab, and find the first of several processes labeled "iexplorer"

11. KILL ALL IEXPLORE PROCESSES... you MUST DO THIS, or the reset you are about to do, will not work.

12. For me killing the first iexplorer process, will kill it's child processes, but watch this closely, it may take a minute or two to complete.  

13. When complete, close out the Task Manager, you should have NO OTHER Apps running - just in case this matters.

14. Go back to  "Internet Properties" where you are ready now to RESET IE to defaults. 

15. Proceed with RESET.

IE 11 now works. 

I hope this helps you, if you have found this thread.

After wanting to get out of using the Enhanced Protection Mode and vs2013 IE debugging not working. I tried your solution and it worked perfectly.  I just wanted to mention a few tips.

Instead of killing IE go and reboot and after the reboot verify that IE isn't running.

Before I did this the reset button wouldn't bring up a dialog.

I imagine something was blocking it.

After doing the reboot and then doing the reset then I was prompted with additional options ( I selected the defaults )

I completely believe that the issue is a combination of dev tools and changes to the security settings.

Our application is click once deployed so we usually have changes to the defaults.

This is something Microsoft needs to look into.

-Chris

51 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

why a multi-national company like Microsoft cannot create a simple and stable browser,

* Edit: It might save time to try step #3 first. Re-registering ieproxy.dll has fixed this problem for many users.

Internet Explorer has been a stable browser for me for almost 20 years.

1. Open IE from Start> Run, type in iexplore.exe -extoff -nohome then hit Enter. If the problem is gone try a different Home page and/or troubleshoot add-ons to find the troublesome one.

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

2. With the warning that a reset will delete AutoComplete data, such as passwords (do you have those backed up?) and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, use the Reset IE Settings button in Internet Options> Advanced.
What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/reset-internet-explorer-7-settings

3. From Start> All programs> Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and choose "Run as administrator".

At the flashing cursor type in these commands (one at a time) then hit Enter after each.

regsvr32 ieproxy.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files \Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

If you're running 64-bit Windows you should also run

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

Additional information on ieproxy.dll and ieframe.dll at

The functions 'Open in new tab' or 'Open in new window' do not work as expected

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2574731?

Don

51 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.