Installed IE11 today. Can't find it in control panel to uninstall. doesn't work

I installed IE11 today.  It totally obliterated my IE8.  I had only IE8 because IE9 and IE10 wouldn't install either.  Got the update for IE11 today and was encouraged to install it because it "works with Windows 7."  NOT!  Now I just have a blank window.  I tried to uninstall it under recent updates in control panel.  It doesn't even show up as being installed.  Just enough to mess up my working IE8.  How do I uninstall this albatross if I can't locate it?  I want to restore IE8.  It doesn't print, but at least I can read it.

Question Info

Last updated July 9, 2018 Views 6,294 Applies to:

Hi

Please see:

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11 from Windows 7  .

The place to uninstall the IE11 update from is,

Start->Control Panel->Programs and Features->View installed updates

not,

Start->Control Panel->Windows Update->View update history

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

That worked!  I had looked there prior to asking this question; however, there were no installs for today's date.   I had already restarted my computer when it had asked me to.   I got frustrated and shut down my computer completely.  I followed your directions and suddenly it appeared.  Previously, there was no program for IE listed.  What I'm wondering though is why Microsoft keeps telling me to download IE9, IE10, and IE11 for "Windows 7" and none of them work.  Thanks so much for your help!

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.