My ie11 on Win7 is unable to download files. Here is what transpires.
1. I go to a site with a file I want to download and start the download.
2. When asked if I want to Run or Save, I select Save
3. The download will go to some random percentage and then freeze
4. There is a brief message "xxx couldn't be downloaded. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem
5. A moment later I get the message: IE has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
I have taken the following steps.
1. Tried running IE with addons disabled. No difference.
2. Made sure the system is virus free.
3. Uninstalled and reinstalled IE11. Did not help.
4. Both IE and Win7 are up-to-date with all patches.
5. Tested with Firefox. It has no problems downloading the files.
Can someone please help me figure this out. Thanks in advance for your help.