IE 11 stopped working

Up till now my IE 11 was working fine. My default browser was IE 11.. I was not using any other browser.

Since 5/23/2014 my IE 11 stopped working. I have window 7... Now when I open IE it opens with 2 tabs blank.

I can see Fav list. none takes me to that site. Also typing URl name or Search doe not work. In Tool area all

fields are grey out. I tired to Install IE 11 after downloading from Microsoft site. I get message "you have Latest version

of IE" can not be installed.

How I correct IE 11 problem. Last 4 days I installed Chrome it is working fine.... It also takes me to sites from IE favs.. too.

Thanks in advance.

Khalak

Question Info

Last updated December 7, 2018 Views 1,274 Applies to:
Answer
Hello Khalak,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

This issue can occur due to corrupted add-ons installed on the computer or incorrect settings on Internet Explorer.

I would suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this resolves the issue. If issue persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Regards,

Jayant Narang

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.