Question

Q: error with youtube while using internet explorer 11 with windows 7 This thread is locked from future replies

I'm trying to use youtube on a windows 7 computer with internet explorer 11.  When I go to start a video it gets ready to start then stops and gives me the following error.    An error occurred, please try again later. Learn More.  For some reason it works fine if I install and use it with chrome. I prefer not to unless internet explorer 11 is not compatible with youtube or adobe flashplayer. Please help. Thanks

Il.Steve---This won't answer your question, but maybe gives you more info.  Have had the same problem, but not with all the videos.  (I use RealPlayer & VLC to play videos--gave up on Microsoft's).  YouTube now has an additional format for their videos--MP4--some of which have codec issues.  Some MP4s play with no problem, others give an error message and those are basically because of the codec restrictions potentially built into them.  Have not yet found any suitable applet online to download that will play them.  A few promise they'll work, but they don't.  I know because I've tried a few, then uninstalled when I discovered they were worthless.  Sorry this doesn't help more.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Steve

Thank you for your info re IE11.  I just want to say that I am not Abigail292...I was just looking for problems with IE11...particularly with YouTube.

I have had IE11 preview release without any problems...it was fast and seemed to be working well.  I had to do a recovery on my computer and went back to IE11 just a week ago and found that everything seemed o.k. except for watching videos.  I would get webpage not responding on any YouTube video I tried to play.  The scroll bar would remain motionless.  Checked problems in control panel and it said internet explorer crash many times.

I am using IE10 at the moment without any problems.  Workarounds with IE11 should not be happening or is it really still in BETA?  Also what is the difference between IE11 update from Microsoft updates/the site for IE11 with MSM and Bing/the site for languages etc.  Seems very confusing.

Thanking you

Barbara

Sorry this didn't help.

See this,

http://www.youtube.com/html5

Also try to right click the video and click on Settings,

Drag the slider to the Right,

Mcafee/Norton/IOBit security should not be Installed on a functioning computer=FreeAdvice

Sorry this didn't help.

ThrashZone

Thank you for the info.  I am currently using IE10 at the moment.  Not sure if I really want to trust IE11 again.  Appreciate your advice.

I have tried YouTube HTML5 test...don't like it!  Makes picture look a little distorted and full screen view is bad.

Fix Me SA

Sorry this didn't help.

I see the same defect, IE 11, Win 8.1, brand-new desktop that I am trying to setup for a friend. Defect occurs in both personalities of IE, Metro and Desktop: video plays for a couple of seconds, then video window fills with simulated snow/noise, and same not-useful error message quoted by OP.

OTOH, same videos play without difficulty in Chrome on same PC.

Hello, Microsoft, is anybody home? Does anyone care about the obvious and inexcusable defect? Do you want droves of customers to abandon IE and all your wonderful effort, and use Chrome because it actually works?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have found a solution, which I hope will apply to others suffering this. On http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html#main-pars_header_1, the steps headed "Disable ActiveX Filtering" seemed to do the trick, at least for the Desktop version of IE11. I believe the option ActiveX Filtering started out without a check box; after I set the checkbox I could view YouTube videos.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm trying to use youtube on a windows 7 computer with internet explorer 11.  When I go to start a video it gets ready to start then stops and gives me the following error.    An error occurred, please try again later. Learn More.  For some reason it works fine if I install and use it with chrome. I prefer not to unless internet explorer 11 is not compatible with youtube or adobe flashplayer. Please help. Thanks             

Why should I have to pay to fix this problem?  This version of windows7 is less than two years old and IE11 was downloaded from Microsoft.   I don't have problems with anything else except.   Even You tube videos that I downloaded a while ago won't even play right.

Microsoft should fix the problem.   Not me!

Sorry this didn't help.

Flash player is not needed to play youtube videos matter of fact it works better without flash,

https://www.youtube.com/html5

If any error occurs simply hit the F5 key to refresh the page. 

Mcafee/Norton/IOBit security should not be Installed on a functioning computer=FreeAdvice

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much (although I've done the opposite), you suggest what to do :)

I have W7 with IE11, and I had this problem: the youtube was starting to play (any video) and after 3 seconds it tried (automatically) to play one more time from the beginning but with the lowest quality available, for another 3 seconds, and after that it stop playing with the next message "An error occurred, please try again later. Learn More." On chrome every video is working perfectly...

I have tried everything: update flash, update drivers, clean...but then I saw you post: "Disable ActiveX Filtering". So, the only thing is that mine ActiveX Filtering was disabled, but after I enabled it everything is working now

Sorry this didn't help.

I did search google for almost 2 full days tried every suggestions and nothing happened. Then I realized that I did not update Windows since last year. Just update my Windows, Wow it worked again. For any users who did not update your Windows for a while, just do it and your computer will run a lot smoother than before. Good Luck to you all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 13162 Last updated: February 5, 2018 Applies to: