To counter the latest security threat Microsoft's advisory said:
- To enable EPM in IE 10 or 11, click the Tools menu and then click Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down the list of options until you see the Security section.
- Look for the option to Enable Enhanced Protected Mode and click its checkbox to turn it on.
- If you're running IE 11 in a 64-bit version of Windows, you also need to click the checkbox to Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode.
- Restart IE to force the new setting to take effect.
I am running IE 11 (version 11.0.9600.17041 update version 11.0.7) in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version. Following the directions, I have found and checked the "enable enhanced protected mode" box. But there is no box on the list for "enable 64 bit processes for enhanced protected mode" ???
Is this an error in the advisory? Anyone else observe the same problem?