Adding Web pages to favorites with Internet Explorer 11

Where do I find Help or a User Guide for Internet Explorer 11.  All I find in Help and Support on my Desktop is about Internet Explorer 9.

I have Windows 7 with SP1 and IE11.  My problem is that the "Add to favorites" function is not working properly; that is, the pages that do get added to Favorites are not the ones on the screen at the time of pressing the "Add to favorites" button.

Is MS aware of this problem ? Are they working on it

Question Info

Last updated August 30, 2019 Views 3,469 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues while adding website to favorites. So, follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Firstly, try to follow the link below to check if any add-ons is conflicting with Internet Explorer.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

Method 2: If the above method doesn't work then, please. I would first suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer 11 and see if that helps.

Reset Internet Explorer

Important: Please note that running Reset Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings. Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.

Also refer to:

Hope this helps. Otherwise, write us back and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.