Blackboard website error "Internet Explorer has Stopped Working" on Internet Explorer 11

Original Title: Blackboard and Surface 2 (or IE 11) - Incompatible or is there a fix (yet)?

I teach courses using Blackboard and when I go to Blackboard, EVERY time I get the box that pops up "Internet Explorer has Stopped Working".

I am at my wits end and feel like throwing this Surf 2 in the trash. It can't do what I need it to do most.

I have used the steps given to turn Windows Explorer 11 off with the checkmark, reboot and then recheck it and reboot it. That did not work. What next? I need hope.

Tell me my old workstation is not what I am still suppose to be on. That is the only thing that works for everything. That or my Galaxy S IV android phone. Kind of sad, Surface is suppose to be better than this!

I would pay good money to have Mozilla or Chrome browsers to be on the Surface 2. It would answer all the problems I have had with other pages. But I can't find where we can do this?

I am on two different recommendation committees for these products at both my works. If there is a fix for this browser non-sense, and installing cisco routers, I think it is an excellent work product. But without these items, I cannot recommend the Surface 2.

Help me Microsoft professionals. I need your help. Help me to find fixes so we can get this product in more hands.

Help!

Question Info

Last updated August 21, 2018 Views 358 Applies to:

Related Forums

Answer
Answer

Hi Jason,

As per the latest update from Blackboard support, the new upgrade version isn't compatible with Internet Explorer 11.

If the issue is specific to Blackboard website, you can contact Blackboard support for further assistance on this issue.

Feel free to ask more queries on Windows.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.