Unable to watch youtube videos due to restricted mode on youtube.

Hey all,

So yesterday I manually upgraded to Window 10 since I was tired of waiting for the notification. After the upgrade was complete and I had set everything up to my liking I went to check what Microsoft Edge was like. To my disappointment it seems that the new browser isn't allowing me to watch youtube videos due to the Restricted Mode on YouTube. I have tried multiple time to disable this [since it's pretty straight forward to do so] however, it keeps reverting back to Restricted Mode being Enabled. I had no problem with YouTube before the update as I was on a Windows 7 OS and was using the Opera browser. Does anyone know how to disable Restricted Mode on YouTube without it doing what it has just done with me?

Thanks in advance.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Try delete browser history and cookies and try again.

If you are login with account, make sure to change this setting in your account.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue. Clearing the cookies do not help.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you facing the same problem if you are using Internet Explorer?

If you open Edge and under setting (...) , you could click on Send feedback and report this problem.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you facing the same problem if you are using Internet Explorer?

If you open Edge and under setting (...) , you could click on Send feedback and report this problem.

I have sent feed back on a LOT of the way too many bugs and issues that plagues this unfinished operating system and its apps. Not sure how much good it will do because many of them (not all though) seems to stem from idiotic design decisions.

In any case, Windows 10 should never have been released in this unfinished state.

However, I have also found out that this particular problem seems to be due to my sons account, who had the problem, was a Family Child account. Once I removed him from my family it started to work. However, I had put NO restrictions whatsoever on his web browsing which clearly indicates that there is a bug somewhere. He never had this problem on Windows 7 or Windows 8.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You may always report bugs and issues through Feedback App.

It is not about unfinished operating system , in software engineering finishing is not meaningful because always we are following lifecycle to improve next phase and make it better. A software will be finished when software developer(s) don't want to support it anymore like Windows XP. When a software or operating system released to the public, the product team are in a position that it is in acceptable level for the public to try it out and they have resources to support problems after test drive it during technical preview.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You may always report bugs and issues through Feedback App.

It is not about unfinished operating system , in software engineering finishing is not meaningful because always we are following lifecycle to improve next phase and make it better. A software will be finished when software developer(s) don't want to support it anymore like Windows XP. When a software or operating system released to the public, the product team are in a position that it is in acceptable level for the public to try it out and they have resources to support problems after test drive it during technical preview.

I am a senior software engineer with an Msc in computer engineering and saying that software is never finished is nothing but a bad excuse for shipping unfinished beta software.

It is clear that Windows 10 is too unfinished and should not have been shipped to end users in its current state.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As a senior software engineer you should know this could be YouTube's or Microsoft's or your own fault.  More than likely you haven't researched your security settings yet, making this your own fault.  As a senior developer myself, your generalizations are absurd.  This functionality works correctly on my computer, giving further credence to 'your fault'.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry, but I disagree, there must be an issue when it replicates across PC's. And its the same for multiple people. There is not a lot that can be configured using the "cloud" based management. So there is something wrong here. Now it could be that from the 8.1 to 10 upgrade, its inherited settings that affect users of the service and new users don't have the issue. But if that is the issue, there still is no way to "reset" the service and start again.

I would still value an opinion from somebody at Microsoft who can confirm what the problem is and next steps, but I don't think we will get a response.

I have also posted in the insider app for bug reporting, which other insiders have also done.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problems and would like to check with you John ...is your problem resolved ? If yes..how ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is not only youtube aand all the videos cant play. It mentioned that flash player is in--built in Windows 10 but why it cant play ?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2021 Views 8,832 Applies to:

Related Forums