Spell Checker in Internet Explorer 11

Is there no Spell checker on the Internet Explorer browser? I have looked all the usual places to  turn it on and I can not find it anywhere.  HELP please I need my spell check since Speckie Spell Checker doesn't have an up graded version for the latest newest browser in Window 10 and Speckie was my spell checker of choice. I texted asking if they were going to upgrade Spell Checkie and was advised to use the on board spell check. I would if I could only find where or how to turn it on.. Thanks for any help you can give..
P.S  Spell check does seem to be working here. I guess it is just like on Facebook and a couple other apps where as I can write text out that it doesn't work at all.. I still can not find a setting to turn it on or off.

Question Info

Last updated September 19, 2018 Views 5,083 Applies to:
Answer

Hi

For your info., I have provided details of spell checking across several IE and Windows versions. The last section relates to Windows 10.

In IE9 and earlier, spell checking in IE was only available as a 3rd party add-on. 

In Windows 7, Spelling Correction appears in IE10/IE11's Manage Add-ons and it only applies to IE.

However in, Windows 8.1, it does not appear in IE11's Manage Add-ons because spelling correction is controlled/applied across more than just in IE11.

To turn on/off spelling correction in Windows 8.1, please:

1. Go to your Start screen.

2. Type Typing until Typing settings appears on the right.

3. Select Typing settings and you will now see the necessary controls.

In Windows 8.1, the spelling options apply to IE11 desktop and modern/metro apps.

In Windows 10, which is what you have, spell checking applies to Edge, IE11 and some other apps. The controls can be found here:

1. Select Start then Settings.

2. Select Devices then Typing.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.