Netflix trouble

When I try to play a video on Netflix I get the following error code: M7111-1331-5059. It says I am using an unblocker or proxy but I'm not (I don't think?) I am using IE11 WE10. It worked a couple of days ago, but we have had new broadband installed. Any ideas please? 

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2019 Views 8,513 Applies to:

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• How are you accessing Netflix? is it through an app or using web browser?

Usually this error M7111-1331-5059 occurs when trying to watch Netflix content through a proxy or VPN connection. VPNs can trick Netflix into believing a user is in a different country, thus allowing a subscriber to view content that's otherwise unavailable in a given locale.

I suggest you to check if the Proxy setting is enabled or not. If enabled, try to disable the same and check: 

Follow these steps and check.
 A. Press Windows Key +R, type inetcpl.cpl and pressenter.

B. click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.

c. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.

d. ClickOk.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Rajeshwari,

Thank you for your help. I have tried opening Netflix via Google Chrome, Chromium, Microsoft Edge, and the app but can't get any working. I have followed your instructions and the box was already unchecked.

Best regards

James

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

FYI

When opening the app it says "Sorry, there was a problem communicating with Netflix. Please try again (T1).

42 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to Reset Internet Explorer 11 and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been having this same issue, but only in the last 5 days.  NOTHING has changed, I am still using Chrome watching through web browser, I am still using Windows 10 (as I have been doing for the past 4 months.  I have no VPN, ever had a VPN am not using a proxy server (double checked and the box was never checked anyway), I am IN the USA, I have not left the USA.  I can watch about 2 shows, and then this error shows up.  It is intermittently happening.  I wait about 20 minutes and can watch another show.  It is very very very annoying. 

I am in Alaska, I use wireless supplied by a company called ACS.  The only situation that even might remotely be different is I moved from a home where I was getting 10 GB speed service and now have 4.  However, Ive been in this new house for 3 weeks already and as I said earlier, this error message has only started showing up these past 5 days.  I did not have this at all up till June 13th.

Sorry this didn't help.

I never had problems before till now

Do I have to call Netflix

I can see it on my tablet and TV but not in the PC

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.