Question

Q: Microsoft Edge error: "Problem with loading page"

Curser in Edge seems to start flashing and any page I try to load fails with error message. Chrome and Firefox works fine. Installed Windows 10 yesterday and it seemed to work fine until last night. Nothing has changed.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday on two Lenovo PCs. On my Lenovo Idea Centre, 64bit, Microsoft Edge opened and worked fine until Windows Defender did a scan. Now Microsoft Edge does not open at all. Just a clocking blue circle next to mouse pointer. My IE 11, which I had to access through an app,  works fine and my Chrome works fine. My internet connection is fine. My Lenovo diagnostics are fine. My Web Root AV is updated for Windows 10.  Not nice. The other PC upgrade is working fine with Edge.

UPDATE 8/3/15

The mysteries of Windows 10. My Lenovo PC did its monthly hardware scan this AM through its own built-in software and behold: My Microsoft Edge is now fully functional. Perhaps this could help others who have machines with their own maintenance software built in. Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

73 people were helped by this reply

Having the same problem.  Chrome works fine.  Edge flashes splash screen and disappears.  

Also clicking link from Outlook email fails "Something unexpected went wrong with this URL:".  I changed the default browser to Chrome but still receiving the same error.

Upgrades to Win 10 yesterday (7/30/2015).  Bad first impression!  

Sorry this didn't help.

Me too i have this problem too please help 

Sorry this didn't help.

According to one Web site, there will be a bug-fixing update from Microsoft early in August, maybe as early as next week. Hope this is included. Otherwise, I guess I would consider doing a reset, even though that is a major hassle. I'm using Chrome for now without any problem and have placed old reliable-but-clunky IE 11 back on my taskbar. 

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

I just upgraded Windows 10 an hour ago. It took me more than three hours to complete the upgrade process.

And after all, through using Edge, I find that Microsoft Edge" always shows "Not Responding" on tab name

when loading page, especially when I'm typing text on page, after about 5-10s, it works again.

But this problem still happens again then.

Does there anyone get this error like me?

Sincerely!

Chau Huynh

Sorry this didn't help.

5 people were helped by this reply

I have a problem with Edge giving a 'page not found' error but it is intermittent. It occurred when submitting my credit card details so I don't know if the transaction went through. It has also happened when trying to login but later it worked. I like Edge but will switch back to Chrome until these problems are solved. Chrome works fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem, cannot find page, also  the back arrow always results in page not found.

I have to do refresh and sometimes I get back. ( not often )  I have to open new tab and start again

I am trying to stay with Edge but if I need urgent info or data I resort to Chrome.

What is the problem MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the exact same problem.  If creating a new Windows User and using it in place of old user login is not a problem for you, try creating a new user and see if Windows Edge crashes while you are logged on with the new account. I had two users setup on my PC and realized the problem didn't exist on the user that I don't use regularly.  So I created a new test user and found out Windows Edge is working perfectly fine on the new account as well. 

Good luck!  

Sorry this didn't help.

So no fix for this???

Sorry this didn't help.

So no fix for this???

Hmm. We are all waiting for the further update packages and hope this problem will be fixed soon. But at now, we still face with this.

Sincerely!

Chau Huynh

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 11,146 Last updated: April 17, 2018 Applies to: