Help with windows 10 blank screen due to memory

Does anyone have any suggestions for me,  My laptop was really low on memory. And I tried to do a rest and wipe it clean. After an hour or so, It said there was a problem with the reset.  Then when I try turning on, It boots up and the hourglass is thinking but it is just a black screen.  I can get into the bios and it says memory use is more then installed. Wich Im thinking is the problem.  I got into the settings somehow and tried to do a reset again, same thing happened, but anything else I am trying wants my Microsoft password. Its been a few months since I have looked at it and it is asking my Hotmail account. And now i have changed my primary Microsoft account to outlook, Its not recognizing any passwords I have used. Saying Im not the administrator of this pc.   Should I smash it against a wall or is there an easy fix to get in at least

Thank you

lyle

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2019 Views 629 Applies to:

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share these details.

1. What is the exact error you are getting?
  2. Can you able to login to the Outlook account using a web browser?

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

•The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
• The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
•The System BIOS version and settings
•Other system settings

Method 1:
Since you are unable to boot the computer to Desktop, I suggest you to do Startup repair and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to try Startup repair on the Windows and check if it helps. I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO file and create a Media Creation tool and then, perform a Startup repair on Windows 10. Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check, if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check, if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode). 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I get a blank screen , and I am using Win 10, IE 11, with 6 Gb of memory and i5 chip.

I ran the memory diagnostics and it showed no errors.
Also, running latest updates released by Microsoft.

Occasionally, on 2 major sites, if I page down (too fast while advertisements are loading) the screen goes blank and there is no cursor. I tried using the keyboard to get the power menu but that did not work, hoping I could get some kind of control.
Don't know if it is a browser problem or a site problem.

With the blank screen my only option is to power off.

Sometimes when I power on and start IE it ask if I want to restore my session, but not all the time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

As you are facing black screen issue, I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestions provided by Sharath Srinivasa and see if this helps in resolving the issuehttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/black-screen-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.