Yahoo emails & contacts have disappeared completely ... why?

All emails and contacts are gone. When I try to logon to yahoo mail - it takes me to a att.net email account with none of my emails/contacts listed. What caused this to happen?

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

All emails and contacts are gone. When I try to logon to yahoo mail - it takes

me to an att.net email account with none of my emails/contacts listed.

You probably have a second ATT/Yahoo account you don't usually access through a browser.

Open InPrivate Mode (Ctrl+Shift+p) and sign-in to your account (the one you usually use)

Don

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Don Varnau gave me some advice....but it didn't work.

Some background, I merged my sbcglobal.net email with my yahoo.com email years ago.

For some reason, anything sent to me for the past years has disappeared if it was sent to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - But if it was sent to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** it is visible.

If I send a request to yahoo.com to let me know ALL of my account logons - guess what, I don't see *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - it's as if it never existed. Yet I have used that email for 25 years.

It seems to me that for some reason  yahoo or att.net has UN-MERGED my sbcglobal.net account and my yahoo.com email. Can anyone help me restore my 2000 emails and my contacts ? thank you

[Merged]

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Don Varnu gave me some advice....but it didn't work.

Some background, I merged my sbcglobal.net email with my yahoo.com email years ago.

For some reason, anything sent to me for the past years has disappeared if it was sent to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - But if it was sent to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** it is visible.

If I send a request to yahoo.com to let me know ALL of my account logons - guess what, I don't see *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - it's as if it never existed. Yet I have used that email for 25 years.

It seems to me that for some reason  yahoo or att.net has UN-MERGED my sbcglobal.net account and my yahoo.com email. Can anyone help me restore my 2000 emails and my contacts ? thank you

This isn't a Microsoft issue but if you have sbcglobal email and it's not showing in Yahoo Mail you need to ask sbcglobal how to import your mail to Yahoo. Yahoo email itself has changed several times in the last 5 years alone and unless you can find something in answers yahoo com Yahoo really has no customer support for free email.

Meanwhile, why haven't you logged into your email via sbcglobal? Yahoo is not part of other internet email providers, they can only import your account from elsewhere.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Don Varnau gave me some advice....but it didn't work.

Sorry for delayed response.

As required name required advised, this is a Yahoo/SBCGlobal issue and you will have to get help from them.

On this page http://www.att.com/esupport/main.html#!/email-support

you might try the link ,

Troubleshoot accessing your AT&T email account

or the Call us link on the right side.

Don

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a section on the right side of screen when 1st started with Windows 10 where you can import all your emails, favorites, etc.. Try to get to that section again and import everything to new Windows, hope this helps.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 17, 2020 Views 6,112 Applies to:

Related Forums