Windows 8.1 Update for x64 based Systems (KB2919355)

I have a desktop and a laptop running Windows 8.1.

After installing Windows 8.1 Update for x64 based Sytems (KB2919355), Internet Explorer stopped working on both computers.

I uninstalled Windows 8.1 Update for x64 based Sytems (KB2919355) and Internet Explorer started working again.

I now have Windows 8.1 Update for x64 based Sytems )KB2919355) installed on both computers, and Internet Explorer doesn't work.

I am temporarily using Google Chrome until the problem is fixed. 

Same happened to me, but I didn't have chrome installed. So I didn't have a way to access the internet. I uninstalled the update, downloaded chrome, and re installed the update. Now using chrome.

You would think MS would make sure all their services work properly before releasing an update.

Hi, The same happened to me after the recent installation of Windows updates on both a laptop and a notebook running Win8.1 .  I turned IE off in Windows Features and back on again but this did not help - any ideas?
I have the same problem with KB2919355. IE 11 won't come up after installation. After I restore to before the update IE 11 works fine. After several long frustrating attempts to reinstall I gave up and passed on the update and fixed my settings so it would not auto install.

Internet Explorer stopped working

If that symptom is describing purely a connectivity issue it is often caused by security products misidentifying a new version of iexplore.exe as a "suspected Trojan".  In that case you would just have to prevent that blockage or wait for the program that was causing it to change.

Exactly the same issue. IE won't open at all after installing the Update 1. Trying to open IE as an admin seems to trigger Windows Error Reporting which is visible for a sec in the task bar.

I had the same issue after this update & after reading your note I deactivated a beta program I was using, malwarebytes anti-exploit ver. 0.10.0.1000, and IE 11 now starts with no problem. Thanks for the info.  

Hi,  Yes that's problem for me on both machines.  I uninstalled Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Beta V0.10, made no other changes and IE started OK.   Thanks for the tip
Awesome! You are right. I had the same program, after I uninstalled it IE was able to open. Thanks!

I had the same issue after this update & after reading your note I deactivated a beta program I was using, malwarebytes anti-exploit ver. 0.10.0.1000, and IE 11 now starts with no problem. Thanks for the info.  

I have this same issue too. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 0.10.0.1000 blocks IE 11 from starting. Just tested it by stopping it temporarily. It is being discussed on their forum. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

There is a malwarebytes fix at this link.......

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=146368

Discussion Info

Last updated May 24, 2020 Views 1,327 Applies to:

Related Forums