Unable to View PDF files on Internet Explorer 11

Original Title: Viewing PDF

When I go to a web site like USAA, Rightsourse or Chase (to view a statement) and I try to open the PDF file it won't opoen. The only thing I get is a little black box with a white x in it.

If I use Chrome --- No Problem at all.

I am using Windows 8.1, Adobe 11 and IE 11.

HELP, please...

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2018 Views 115,027 Applies to:
Answer

I first had this problem of downloading pdf file on a browser after I upgrade to IE11 for Windows 7.  Before that I did not have the problem.  An "error" caused the window to close and reopen but failed to reopen.  I thought if I were to upgrade Adobe Reader I might solve the problem.  I upgraded to Reader XI but the problem remained.

I decided to downgrade IE11 to IE10 and then later to IE9 but the problem remained even though before I upgrade to IE11 there was no problem.

I accidentally discovered a solution.  I was reading a pdf file.  The Tool/Sign/Comment pane was opened by default.  I decided to close the pane so that I can read the file better.  After reading I closed the file.  Next, I tried to download my broker statement again.  This time the statement did open briefly but shut down.  I tried to download again and this time it downloaded without problem.  So, I decided to download all other statements that I failed to previously download.  They all downloaded without problem.  Next, I downloaded my bank statement and no problem.

Could the solution be as simple as shutting down the Adobe Reader Tool/Sign/Comment pane?

353 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.