this web page wants to run the following add-on: 'Adobe Flash Player' from microsoft windows third party compon

Why do I get this pop up window at the bottom of the screen.

this web page wants to run the following add-on: 'Adobe Flash Player' from microsoft windows third party components. It shows for every safe website I try except Microsoft sites

I have windows 8.1 and explorer 11

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft Community forum.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I understand that you are experiencing issue with this web page wants to run the following add on: “Adobe Flash player” in the system.

This issue might have occurred due to “Adobe Flash Player” files might have gone corrupt in the system.

Please provide me with the following information to understand the issue more clearly.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Please make sure to enable add on and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Note: Add-ons are apps that Internet Explorer uses to interact with web content like videos and games. Toolbars and extensions are also types of add-ons. Some common add-ons are Adobe Flash, QuickTime, and Silverlight. Internet Explorer is designed to provide an add-on free experience, and will play HTML5 and many Adobe Flash videos without needing to install a separate add-on. You will only be able to install and use add-ons Internet explorer for the desktop.

For additional Information, please refer to the link below.

Flash Player help/ Flash Player issues, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Note:Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2020 Views 7,534 Applies to:

Related Forums