Internet Explorer crashes and it can't fix itself.

Original Title: Internet explorere browser

I have this problem with the above browser. It crashed and it won't can't fix itself. It says windows will fix it and notify me when the problem is corrected. Is this normal protocol for Windows 8? Need some help in corrcting this proplem. I am using other browser in the mean time. (firefox,chrome).

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2018 Views 640 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Stevemagdaleno,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

1. Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
  2. Are you using any third party antivirus application?

If you can't open Internet Explorer or if it opens briefly and then closes, the problem might be caused by low memory, or damaged or missing system files.

Please refer to suggestions mentioned under “Internet Explorer crashes constantly” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.