Question

Q: Internet Explorer 11 is slow and regularly does not respond This thread is locked from future replies

Just updated (yesterday) from Windows 8 pro to Windows 8.1 pro.

I have a problem with Internet Explorer 11, it loads some web pages very slow or not at all.

I have problems with sites that use java too. IE 11 tells me that java addon is not compatible????

I have tried to update java to the latest version but this does not help loading webpages better and still IE 11 tells me java addon is not compatible.

I need this to work. I now have installed Google Chrome and this works fine and quick without these problems.

Why does IE 11 not work with Java and what is the cause of the slow loading of pages?

Answer

A:

I have this same problem with websites stalling out and have to 'recover the webpage' constantly - on almost every page - when I use Google search = only after upgrading to Windows 8.1 - I sincerely wish I had stayed with Windows 8.  Everything worked perfectly back then. 

This is a very annoying and constant problem, even after disabling most add-ons. I will try more of the suggestions listed.

Barbara

Apply the Update 1 and most of the problems will go away. There is a new feature to make IE11 even more compatible with IE 8 for instance.

"not a complete unknown"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

183 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Just reset advanced tab to default and appears to be running fine

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

200 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 148741 Last updated: February 22, 2018 Applies to: