Hi to all
I have a problem with IE11 in some sites with Enhanced Protected Mode enabled in my Windows 8.1 laptop. I have reinstalled Windows 3 times and always experienced the same crashes (Every web page view attempted is displayed for a second or two and then "recovered". This repeats until IE11 gives up and displays a "failed to recover" message). The curious thing about this issue is that the problem is not present in a recent fresh install. I can navigate the problematic sites with no problems for some days later but suddenly the crash reappears and have to reinstall windows to fix it.
I tried all the usual fixes:
- Reset Internet Explorer explorer settings (with personal settings checked and unchecked)
- Clear the temporary Internet files
- Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
- Reset Internet Explorer's security settings
- Run SFC/Scannow command (nevers finds damaged files)
- Disable/remove the add-ons and check
- Use compatibility view in the crashing sites
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Explorer 11
The only fix I found is to Disable Enhanced Protected Mode. But It's not a complete fix, only works in desktop IE11. Metro/Modern IE11 keeps crashing because Enhanced Protected Mode is still enabled in the modern environment. The other fix is to disable Protected Mode entirely, but I'm afraid It open the door to malware and infected sites.
I love Internet Explorer. I've been using it as my main browser since IE7 almost exclusively. But this problem is driving me nuts and don't want to use another browser. Please help me...
Thanks in advance....