IE11 and Chrome in windows 8.1 keep showing "this page cannot be displayed" when the internet works perfectly fine on another pc with windows 8.
hi, i have tried to fix this problem in many ways and even resorted to refreshing my pc, yet this problem still remains. I need to keep refreshing the website to make it work. Its very annoying and makes me wonder why i upgraded to windows 8.1, WINDOWS
8 WAS FINE AS IT IS!!!!
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
1. Please press the Windows key + W. This will open the Settings Search.
2. On the Settings Search field, please type Control Panel and open the Control Panel interface on the left panel.
3. On the Control Panel, please choose the Network and Sharing Center option.
If you do not see the Network and Sharing Center on the list, you may need to click on Network and Internet first.
4. Please click on the Change Adapter Settings option on the left panel of the Network and Sharing Center window. This will open the Network Connections window.
5. Please right click on your active network connection and choose Properties.
6. On the Networking Tab, please highlight the option for Internet Protocol Version 4 on the list and click on the Properties button.
7. On the General tab of the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window, choose the option for Use the following DNS server addresses and set the Preferred DNS server as 184.108.40.206 and the Alternate DNS server as 220.127.116.11
8. Click on OK and Close.
9. After setting up the global DNS settings, please check if you can now open websites in Internet Explorer.
Was this reply helpful?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.